Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Math U See - Addition Facts

At my house, we're using the Math U See program.  I have to tell you that I really wish I'd learned math this way!  One thing I'm going to be fanatical about with my children is math drills.  As such, I'm currently drilling in the addition facts.  My children are learning them via the Math U See method of introducing them (Alpha lessons 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 14, 15, 16, and 17).

I am blessed to have an iPhone and for Christmas this past year, my daughter received an iTouch.  Lucky us, we get to use the free Quizlet software with our $2 application purchase for our apple products.  That means I can put any flash cards I can make online on our iPhone or iTouch devices.

I just made up flash cards for all the addition facts over at Quizlet.com. Click that link and you'll see all the flash cards I made.  (If the link fails, visit quizlet.com and search Math U See.  All of mine will be under the user name faithfulmommy.)  When I whipped them up, I made them according to the MUS lessons so they are not set up in a traditional method.  As you go through the alpha program, you can add the appropriate flash cards to your device according to what your child has just learned.  Now, here is the really cool part...  even if you don't have an apple device you can print these cards off!  I've just done that myself so I can drill the cards any 'ole time I like via the good old fashion hard copy flash card method.  Print them off, glue the back, fold them in half and you have yourself some flash cards!  Yahoo!  Easy Peasy.  Naturally, I laminated mine because if something doesn't move at my house, I might just laminate it...  Ha!

Here they are in all their glory...


I hope it serves you!

 
Blog Design by Split Decisionz